Thursday, April 30, 2009

Michael Mina

Michael Mina has some good food, but I tend to think it is overpriced for what it is and what you get. The little details tend to be overlooked. I understand that this happens, but at the same time, it shouldn't happen at these prices. Everything should be impeccable. I also have to mention that while yes, you're dining essentially dining in the lobby of a hotel, it shouldn't feel as though you are, and it does. That said, I think the food is worth the trip, so, I have to say, I recommend going to the bar. You can get a 3 course meal for $55. Pretty reasonable in my book. You can also order one of my favorites, the lobster corn dogs, as an appetizer. Yum. If you do decide to go for the more expensive meal, it is definitely worth your while to get the lobster pot pie. As for the regular menu, our last meal there came out to about $350 and just compared to other meals I had, I was just underwhelmed for the price. You be the judge.

No comments: