Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Royal Street Cafe - Park City, Utah










This restaurant was a real treat! The Royal Street Cafe is located at Deer Valley Resort and the surroundings are absolutely beautiful.

The blueberry mojito was certainly a standout and a cocktail I'd not had previously. It may be Utah, but RSC certainly didn't scrimp on the booze so kudos for that. I'm really not a big drinker, but I'll make an exception for this.

While the fish and chips were very good (they used salmon and it was cooked to perfections) I have to say that my favorite bite ended up being the tuna tartare with white truffle. I know that tuna tartare is no longer 'cool' for foodies, but this was extremely good. It was light and fresh and the perfect appetizer for a summer day.

My dining companion enjoyed the chicken quesadilla as well as tomato soup that came with a grilled cheese sandwich.

The end of the meal brought those homemade ice cream sandwiches and let me just say, I was not disappointed. Trust me, I seriously considered ordering a second plate of them, they were that good. This is definitely a restaurant to which I wouldn't hesitate to return. For the price, the quality of the food was top notch.

3 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I'll eat tuna tartare over beef tartar any day.

It's the wonton crisps that are truly passe!

moeilyk said...

I make an exception to my vegetarianism for tuna tartare... that's right.

HaveShoesWillTravel said...

I love tuna tartare. I don't care if it's passe!

And those ice cream sandwiches aren't helping my craving to go to that make your own ice cream sandwich shop I keep talking about.