Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ad Hoc Fried Goodness





So Ad Hoc is this yummy restaurant in the wine country. One of the things they are best known for is their fried chicken. If you come to SF and decide to spend a few days in the wine country, this is one of the restaurants I recommend. Prices are fairly reasonable in my mind and the food is delish. The recipe for their fried chicken has been floating around the internet for a while and Williams Sonoma made it even easier to recreate at home by putting out a kit that has everything you need. I decided to take a chance and try the kit and it turned out very well. I recommend it if you've dined at Ad Hoc and enjoyed it or if you're simply a fan of fried chicken.
I made mine just using strips of organic chicken breast that I cut up (I hate dark meat) and it worked quite well.
If you prefer, here is the recipe so you can make your own from scratch: www.foodandwine.com/recipes/lemon-brined-fried-chicken

No comments: