Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Tamale Lady

Neighborhood: Mission

Okay, I'll be perfectly honest here... Mexican food is just not my thing. I'm fully prepared for you to never read my blog again when I admit that the only "Mexican" food I actually enjoy are tacos and I'm not even that picky about how Americanized they are. Waiting for hate mail. Anyway, the Tamale Lady has become something of an icon in SF. Many people are huge fans. I personally applaud her for adding to the street food craze even if I'm not a fan of the goods. Many of my trustworthy friends do rave about her so I thought I'd pass the info along. Granted, some of the raves come from people who are drunk while they eat them, but what they heck, check them out and decide for yourself.

An article on the Tamale Lady:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2003/06/28/MN161258.DTL

No comments: