Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Stinking Rose

I'm sorry, but this place is terrible. My H had some old friends in from out of town and they really wanted to go here and in the end, I was out voted. Tourist trap aside, you must really, really love garlic to even have half a chance of getting through a meal here but even then, the food just isn't good. I mean garlic ice cream? I love garlic but yeah. Not here. The service sucks and you may as well end up at Olive Garden or something of the like. The place was crowded, the wait was long and the waitstaff were all inattentive and completely indifferent. Simply put, more proof of the tourist trap that it is. I've even had better service at some restaurants in the Wharf area which is saying something.If you really hate the party you're going with or, god forbid, your date, take them here. Why tourists flock to this place and say that they MUST try it is still beyond me. Of all the great places in the City, why this one?!

3 comments:

Grace said...

Sounds just like the one in L.A., lol.

I like garlic, but garlic ice cream? I think not. I have to draw the line somewhere...

SFCityGirl said...

LOL Isn't it a "chain"? I think they are one in the same!

Janet said...

I used to live in SF and I went here on a date once. I actually really liked it. We had great service and the food was good. I didn't order the garlic ice cream, but I have had it at the garlic fest in gilroy....weird but good.