Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sushi Groove

1916 Hyde St (at Green)

I love Sushi Groove. It is just a tiny little place in Russian Hill. The fish is always very good here. If you're in to specialty rolls, you must try the "High Roller" roll. It is extremely good. They use a wasabi creme fraiche sauce that I have every intention of attempting to replicate. The sasahimi is always excellent and it really isn't all that expensive. Only thing I've ever been disappointed with here is the eel but everything else, I recommend. Oh! And the butterfish is delectable. Good for a moderately priced dinner out. I personally enjoy sitting at the bar. The one thing I will warn is that if you want a quiet night out with your significant other, this is not the place. It gets extremely loud. Parking in Russian Hill is next to impossible and there is not a valet at this place so if you're visiting, I recommend taking the Hyde Street cable car. Ask the operator to drop you off at Green. They will usually announce the stop, but just to be on the safe side, I would ask.

No comments: