Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lombard Street (aka "The Crooked Street")

Lombard Street (between Hyde & Leavenworth)

Unless you're just dead set on driving down, I really recommend taking the Hyde Street cable car (don't forget your Muni pass!) and getting off at Lombard. 99.9% of the time, the cable car operators will tell you when it is coming up. You can look down and take pictures or get off and walk down via steps. I have to say, I feel bad for the people who live on this street. Some guy got pissed when he was taking a photo of the building I used to live in and I happened to walk out of the lobby at the same time and "ruined" his photo. I can only imagine how these people feel! LOL. Anyway, it is worth checking out and it is very picture-esque. A truly unique anad free "attraction".



No comments: