Saturday, October 11, 2008

You's Dim Sum

675 Broadway (at Stockton St)

If you want to eat on the go, don't want to spend a lot of money but want to try some dim sum, I recommend You's for cheap food and lots of it. None of the menus are in English, the staff don't speak a whole lot of English so get ready to smile, point and nod. Most items are 3/$1.20-1.50 I also have to say that the ladies who work here are always so nice to me and give me extra food so it makes me like them more. Simply put, you could do a lot worse for $5 or so. It is isn't at all fancy but if you just want good, cheap food, try it. Everything is always very fresh when I come here. Cash only.

What I like to order (the short list!):

Char Siu Bao (BBQ pork bun)
Har Gau (Shrimp dumping)
Lou Mai Gai (Lotus rice leaf)
Lo Mei Bao (Sticky rice in wonton skin)
And while my whiteness is showing... I like the egg rolls.

"Thank You" in Cantonese: Mh goi (mmm goy)

No comments: