Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Restaurant Gary Danko

800 North Point St (at Hyde)

Anyone who knows me knows that I quite enjoy Gary Danko. If you haven't guessed, I am kind of a foodie. The thing that I really like about Gary Danko is the fact that it is just so unpretentious. The food isn't so over the top that it makes you feel like they're trying too hard. Service is friendly and welcoming. I just haven't had a bad experience here. The menu changes a bit based upon the seasons but they do have standard favorites that appear constantly. I highly recommend the lobster risotto, the glazed oysters with Osetra caviar and lettuce cream and the infamous cheese cart. The glazed oysters have the most amazing flavor, nothing I've tried can duplicate it. Simply put, if you want fine dining without the attitude, I recommend Gary Danko. Portions are generous. Make reservations in advance.

www.garydanko.com

No comments: